Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Favorite Christmas Movie

okay, a few of us were congregated over Ted Sider's house watching the louisville v. arizona game on his new plasma tv last night and i brought up this question, 'what is the best "christmas" movie?" Josh Armstrong thought that clearly, a christmas story was the obvious choice. then we broadened the category to movies that had christmas in them but weren't necessarily about christmas. someone suggested die hard while i'm partial to trading places myself.

so, what is your favorite "christmas" movie?

8 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I guess I'm just a middle-of-the-roader on this one, because I'll pick A Christmas Story every time, but a close second is that Muppet's Christmas Carol

4:00 PM  
Blogger luvell anderson said...

Hey reel fanatic,

thanks for commenting.

yeah, ACS is an undeniable classic (hey kid, you'll shoot your eye out!). there are many memorable scenes from that flik.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Brit Brogaard said...

It's a Wonderful Life (1946) is my favorite, and they happen to show it EVERY year.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Mark Peach said...

A Christmas Story is certainly a classic, but I am still partial to A Charlie Brown Christmas. I love the scene where Linus tells Charlie Brown about the true meaning of Christmas.

BTW, are you going to be in St. Lou for the holidays?

12:21 PM  
Blogger luvell anderson said...

Hey Brit,

IWL is pretty good. i just saw it for the first time last year.

anyway, hope to see you at the APA.

3:14 PM  
Blogger luvell anderson said...

Hey Mark,

we probably won't be back in the Lou until around May.

hey, i need your address. could you send it to me at:

landerson@philosophy.rutgers.edu

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Luvell,

How's the family? My favorite is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

2:04 AM  
Blogger luvell anderson said...

Hey Conway,

good to hear from you!

the fam is good. we're adjusting to east coast living (me a little faster than kisha).

how's philosophy at umsl?
e-mail me at landerson@philosophy.rutgers.edu and fill me in.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home